Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jacob visit's the doctor!

Jacob had his 4yr. check up yesterday.  He was very smiley while talking to the doctor.  She weighed him 36lbs..then measured him 75th % I can't remember the exact inches.  Listened to his heart and then told him to get dressed.  He didn't even mind the blood pressure cuff. THEN the nurse came in...dun dun dun.
He saw the tray and said what is that? I told him it's going to be ok, just a couple quick shots. NOPE, he was not having that.  First the "poke" as Jacob calls it. A finger prick. He didn't cry but he had the saddest little whimper.  Than she told me to hold him in my lap wrap both my arms across his arms and lock his legs between mine. It took ALL my strength to hold him. He fought so hard and was yelling no don't the whole time.  Makes you feel so awful.  As soon as it was all over I was holding him and telling him it's all over we can go home. I was trying to hug him. He turns to me and says " You did this!" I told him, no mommy didn't, I just was holding you. He say's " NO, I saw you".  I've never had any of the kids think I gave them the shots.  I felt so bad.  He walked so slow back to the car. Which if you know Jacob that is NOT normal.  He told me when we got home, that I had to carry him and let Giselle walk..:)
He laid on the couch a lot of the afternoon.  I had to go to a meeting last night and so I got a babysitter.  When I got home he was crying in his bed calling for me.  She said he had a rough night saying his legs hurt.  He climbed in bed with us last night..yes in halloween pj's.  He says his leg hurts a little today but at least he's smiling again. 

2 comments:

csharris said...

I hate that Becca was miserable and screamed as well. Lance had to come because there is no way I could have held her on my own. This time will be no pick nic either. I am just glad they have short memories and very forgiving.

Corinne Ritz said...

I am laughing so hard at this. So hilarious! We have had some CRAZY shot's incidents as well. I'm so sorry Lisa! Good thing you wrote this down, because it will be so much fun to look back at this.