Monday, April 9, 2012

Kristi's baby shower!

** NOT IN ORDER!**
My sister is having her 5th child. A boy. This will make her 4th boy! So funny that we have complete opposite. I was excited to be close enough to not only come to her shower but actually put it on. Although not close enough to have it at my house. Thank you Mom for letting me use your house and a lot of your stuff!
The decorated food room. I was lucky to borrow this super cute fabric from a friend here in Illinois. I also stole her idea of individual 7-layer dips..that's a little farther down.

Kristi's closest friend and an old friend of mine just had a sweet baby girl. This is Abby. Isn't she just a doll?

Jolie stayed for the shower and loved being with the big girls. Here she is helping to set things up!


Oh how I miss a normal size oven. Mine is teeny tiny...:(

Aren't these the cutest? Individual 7-layer dips...in mini mason jars. I also cut out the food tags from my cricut..oh how I LOVE that machine!!

I got this punch off of pinterest a while ago and I loved it right away. It's now my go to punch for showers and events...SO yummy! Here is the recipe!http://www.nobiggie.net/2010/07/the-best-party-punch.html

I didn't get to see my sister in law very much on this trip so I was very happy she was at the baby shower. Crystal is taking a turn with sweet baby Abby!


My wonderful Mother! Thank you Mom for letting me take over your kitchen and house while we stayed there!

Me, Melissa, Kristi and Penny! Melissa and Penny are Kristi's best friends and they helped me SO much with the shower. THANK YOU so much and THANK YOU Melissa for taking all these pictures!

These were not the original favors. I made super cute little blue bags filled with candy and little tags..once again from my cricut. BUT I was freaking out about driving the morning of the shower to Michigan because I didn't want to cut it too close. So instead I drove up Friday night at night and still managed to forget something...the favors. So at the last minute we got these instead..luckily I brought my cricut machine and we were able to cut the cute buggies out.


Kristi opening a few of the cute outfits she got. She also got a new swing from the group gift. She was super surprised and really excited. She wanted that swing SO bad!

A group shot of everyone at the shower. Love you Kristi and can't wait for you sweet cheeked baby boy to come!

4 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

I love baby showers! I really love putting them on:) We are so much alike that way. I can't believe Kristi is having #5! I thought she was still a little girl;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa, it was truely wonderful!!!!!

kristi

Tricia said...

You are such a wonderful sister. I can't believe that you and Kristi have such wonderful families. It seems like only last month both you and Kristi were still kids yourselves. Beautiful job on the shower!

Mindy and Larry said...

What beautiful decor and food, Lisa! How lucky Kristi is to have you for a sister!