Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jolie's Paris Birthday Party!


 Jolie invited a ton of girls from school and church.  We were very excited to plan and prepare for this party.  Jolie was also excited because Grandma and Grandpa Mendenhall came up from Michigan. Sorry these pictures are in reverse order. Blogger changed how to post and it's going to take me a little bit to get used to the new way!

Jolie's cake is trying to blow her candles out. I honestly did not mean to but I accidentally got her trick candles.  So she kept blowing them out and they wouldn't go out. Her friends were more than happy to help her out!


 This is a group shot of all the lovely young ladies.  They were ALL so fun and so full of energy! I loved meeting all her friends and seeing her with them.

** It was also nice because Grandma and Grandpa took the 3 little ones to Steak and Shake..Genna was at a friends house for a fun campfire!
        
 The girls were such good sports and let me take pictures of them in the french Beret and my hat. It didn't take long for them to really get into it!

We had parfaits for the end dessert. Two of the girls at the party helped me assemble them in these fun glasses! and various other containers that I could find because there were a few extra girls that I didn't know about until the last minute. 

         This is Jolie's cake. I got it a bakery in Hinsdale called Toni's.  It is such a cute shoppe.


 The girls were very excited when I told them we were going to do french manicure's.  We started by going in the bathroom and using the Lemon Hand Scrub and washing our hands.  They all liked that part.  Then I got two kits to do French Manicures. I was planning on helping them do it but they didn't need me. There were a few girls that were really good at it and took over.  Jolie was one of them!

Lots of cute girls working on nails and jamming to some fun music!


I had so much fun decorating and planning the food.  I am very blessed. A wonderful friend..thank you thank you Meghan, lent me an Eiffel tower cartridge for my cricut and I had a lot of fun with that.  Also BIG thank you to my mom for making ALL the Crepe's.  The girls LOVED them. They were gone so fast. 



The perfume bottles were a HIT!!!


 I wanted it to look like you are stepping into a cafe when you opened the door. So we moved this couch from the living room into the foyer and then I cut out Cafe Jolie with my cricut.  My mom got Jolie the big Eiffel Tower for the wall and we put that up. She also got her the Bonjour pillow.  The beautiful Lilac's are from my parent's house. Than we strung some white lights.

Jolie helped me make a lot of the goodies. We dipped marshmallow's in white chocolate and then rolled them in sprinkles or coconut or both. We dipped pretzels in the same stuff.  We also had Madelaine french cookies.  Lemon cake bites.  Red cherry gobstoppers. Raspberry m &m's and of course the yummy crepe's.   The drink was the Awesome yummy punch!

I made these pom poms from tissue paper.  The zebra paper was really stiff but still good. Than hooked some little lanterns to them!

Jolie had so much fun and I absolutely loved every minute of it.  Brett was there too and even though it was a lot of tween girls he loved every minute too!

12 comments:

The Hoogland Family said...

WOW! You know how to PARTY! Very cute Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks perfect!!!!

kristi

csharris said...

Anna would have loved this Party. The one place she would love to go is Paris. I might steal some of your ideas. WAY TO CUTE, LOVED IT.

The Fox Family said...

oh my goodness that's A LOT of girls! Your brave! Everything looks so cute. I am sure Jolie felt so special with you going all out! Your such a fun Mom!

Meagan said...

Very cute!! I love home parties!!

Meagan said...

Very cute!! I love home parties!!

Corinne Ritz said...

WOW! That turned out awesome! So much fun! I can't believe how many girls were there! And that is really cool you didn't have to do all the manicures, because that would've taken forever! :)

Wendy said...

Great party! I have to ask, where does your love of Paris and french things (ie names) come from? I was a french teach for 6 years. Do you speak french? Mission? I love that you love Paris too. :) Paris is my favorite city in the world and the times I have visited were amazing. Have you been? I hope so. You would love it.

Mindy and Larry said...

Wow! Lisa! You are the best! Jolie is so lucky to have you as a mom! Everything looked exquisite and tasty!!!

Amy said...

Awesome! Wish you were my mom :) Very fun party.

Tammy said...

So cute, Lisa! I am uber impressed! You are amazing!! Happy Birthday, Jolie!!

Anonymous said...

sweet 11, I am going to make you orgasm sooooo many times tonight my princess, looking forward to filling your bum with c-m again, soon now and it will be your p-ssy