Monday, April 2, 2012

a little nature doesn't hurt...does it?

This morning I walked out the front door to take Jolie to the bus stop and a duck squawked and flapped it's wings and flew away. Scared the jeepers out of me. Than I left a little while later to take Brett to the train and the same duck did the same thing and flew farther. So I decided to take a peek at where it was and sure enough..a nest with an egg. At least ONE egg. I haven't moved anything so I don't know if there are more eggs or not. I think the baby ducks would be cute for a day or two but then the baby duck poop would start and the mommy duck poop and that's just more poop than I would like. So I have called a few places and so far no one "deals" with ducks. I am waiting for a call back from one place so hopefully they can help me.
The weird thing is I haven't seen the mommy duck all day and I haven't touched anything so I have no idea why she hasn't come back. I really don't want the baby duck to die.

No comments: