Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jacob's birthday party!

Jacob's birthday party was yesterday. We were going to have the day after his birthday but it was spring break and most of his friends were out of town so we changed to after all the holiday's and vacations!

Jacob loves trains so we went with a train decor theme but kept it very simple. We have learned that doing lunch is a waste of money when they are this young. So we stuck to snacks. Popcorn,pretzels, chips, fruit and green m &m's. They were minty so the kids didn't chow down to much on them.

Always make sure to have plenty to drink. So we had a big thing of lemonade. I got these paper straws from a super cute website....aren't they so cute?


We played outside the whole time. I was SO worried it was going to rain. We were supposed to have storms in the morning but it never happened. I kept checking the weather and holding off to set up outside until the last minute. But phew, it never rained..just a few sprinkles.


I have to say, I love 4yr. old boys. They are so cute and don't hold anything back. I just love the age Jacob and his friends are!

We sat in a circle and picked bandanna's to wear so we could be engineers or cowboys..depending on who you asked...or even pioneers! :)


A friend from church..Lorenzo, he had this tambourine and he loved it.


We brought the train table outside and it was a BIG hit. Brett built this track right before the party started. We couldn't believe it but it was still together when we brought it back inside.



We also did some races, follow the leader. T-ball, basketball and lots of bubbles!


No one walked...there was a lot of running. Yes, they were all tired that night! It was great!

A group photo. well most of the people..some were having way to much fun running around or grazing on snacks!


I wanted to get Jacob a train cake but Costco didn't have any. Jacob saw the dinosaur one and really wanted it because that is what daddy had. I was thinking of making my own train cake but decided forget it! I forgot to take a picture but I put individual scoops of ice cream in cupcake holders before the party started and put them in the freezer. It was so nice to have those all ready to go. I think next time I will make the scoops a little smaller though!




Jacob blowing out his candles. He loved all his helpers!



This is Phoebe. Jacob and Phoebe are super close buds. He talks about her all the time and they were always together at the party. Two cute, huh!


At the end we passed out the goody bags. Train whistles with their name on them. I cut vinyl letters out from cricut and put it on there. Train sucker. Some candy, a train craft and there bandanna of course too!

We had a great time and it was so fun to have some of Jacob's friends from school and church be there.

Happy Birthday Jacob!

3 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

Awesome party! I love how 'unplanned' and relaxed it seemed. That is the best plan for 4 year olds. Just let them run and play, and they think it's heaven. I agree. I LOVE that age, especially on boys. My hubs and I were just discussing that our recently turned 5 year old son is currently our funniest kid:) Everything he says and does is hilarious and fun!

csharris said...

Love Birthday parties especially when they turn out good. Love your ideas. Happy Birthday Jakey.

Mindy and Larry said...

We loved the way you decorated and set up for the party. Johnny is crying right now, because he saw the train table picture and wants to play with it!!! :) Glad Jacob had a happy birthday!
love you!