Friday, August 10, 2012

Look who got CONTACTS!

                                                      Genna ready to play some soccer!

                                       Giselle got in on some action too. Sporting some fun sunglasses!

Last year when we took Jolie for her yearly eye exam they told us that she could start wearing contacts in fifth grade and that they actually encouraged it.  I asked Jolie if she wanted to but she said she wanted to wait a year.  This summer she was very excited and said she REALLY wants to wear them this year. She is going into 6th grade.  Genna said ME TOO. So I set up the appointments and took them in.  Both girls have pretty strong prescriptions.  They got fitted and then it was time to practice.  Because Genevieve has bigger eyes it didn't take her long at all.  She asked the ladies at the office EVERY question you could possibly think about when it comes to putting in contacts, taking out contacts. cleaning contacts. All of that. Luckily they were very patient and kind and just smiled and answered.  Jolie had a little bit harder time. She has my small eyes and it is trickier to put in at first and get used to. I told her it took me a long time the first time too. Both girls are growing up so fast. I can't believe it. Two in middle school and now two in contacts. WOW!

2 comments:

Mindy and Larry said...

HOw exciting! It took me forever to get contacts in the first time, too! You girls look beautiful!!!

Corinne Ritz said...

Wow, awesome! It took me forever to get used to putting them in and out. I didn't get them till 6th or 7th grade. My oldest wears glasses and he's going into 7th. He just had his appointment, and they said nothing about contacts. Now I am bugged because I think he would do well with them. Drats...