Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CHICAGO...a tourist visit!

 I love when family and friends come into town! It's the best time to sight see. We did a lot of fun stuff this time. We stopped in front of Brett's work, Jacob was the only boy left so he had to jump in.
 I just love these two. Seriously they are the cutest little girls. Two little peas in a pod! SOO CUTE!
 In front of the Willis tower ( formerly the sears tower) with free drinks from daddy's work. SWEET!
 Love the water taxi. So fun and refreshing! Love the tour of the city too.

 We toured around Navy Pier. It was nice but very very hott and crowded!
 At the end of the pier we stopped by an event. The race to Mackinac Island. Sailboats were all gathering to start. It was really cool to see them all. Looked like a celebrity or two could have been there but we didn't stay long enough to find out!
 We finally made it to Millennium park and saw the famous BEAN! It really is a crazy cool piece of art.

 While the boys left to go get the car we found a crazy fun fountain. The towers in the back have peoples face on them and they spray out water.  Every time Nichole asked me to keep an eye on Lucy while she went back to our stuff Lucy would sit down in the water..>EVERY TIME. I felt so bad, I was not a very good babysitter. Sorry Nic! :)
 The crazy people tower!
After Erik found a polish neighborhood and grocery store and got some fun goodies for us all to try. The buttermilk and pazcki were by far the favs but I would say all were super yummy! Thanks Erik for sharing with us!

2 comments:

The Fox Family said...

thanks for being the best tourguides ever! we had so much fun! I was looking everywhere for that last pic of the polish meat! I couldn't find it! That is so strange you still got it! ha!

Corinne Ritz said...

The Sears Tower got a new name? I had no idea. I'm going to have to look up the details about that.