Friday, August 24, 2012

Brookfield Zoo

For our final summer adventure we went to the Brookfield Zoo. It is a zoo only a few minutes from our house.  Lucky for us we have wonderful friends that have passes and so we were able to go for FREE! Woo hoo. Thanks guys.  We could only go for about 2 hours so it was really nice of them to let us use their pass.  We started out seeing this giant African bee. It made noises and moved and totally freaked Jacob out. When we were walking back to our car he said he didn't want to walk by the giant bug.
We were able to walk right up to a peacock and the girls thought that was so COOL.   Jolie finally saw a Hippo. She loves Hippo's and every time we went to the DC zoo they were always under water but that day the Hippo was resting on a rock.  We also saw the cutest monkeys..oh my they were tiny and so fun to watch.  We also saw gorillas, polar bear, Buffalo, deer, and many other animals. We didn't have tons of time so there are plenty more animals we still need to see. Jacob was very sad we didn't see the Giraffe's and Genna said we didn't spend nearly enough time at the Wolves. So we definitely need to go back.
So if you look at the picture you will notice MOST of my children are in long sleeves and pants...Oops. Brett always teases me that I over dress the kids.  I guess it's that midwest girl in me to always think it's going to be cold. In fairness it had been chilly and it was pretty cold in the morning but it warmed up a lot quicker than I realized it would. So yes Brett you were right..I said it!
I had so much fun with my sweet friends. Jacquie and Leah and their adorable children. Jacquie's mother in law came too. She was the one taking the picture.
School is back on and the fun is over..well at least the fun for the big girls. Thanks Ladies we had a blast!

1 comment:

The Hoogland Family said...

It was a blast, but too short!