Monday, December 31, 2012

A little of this and a little of that!

Here is just some of the fun that was also going on this past month.  Below is Jacob with his sweet new racetrack. Daddy put it together and I think we all like to watch it go. Super fun.
 I always feel like we never have enough mashed potatoes. So I made sure to peel and cook a lot. It turns out you can make to much. I filled one of my biggest Tupperware to the top with mashed potatoes..but thankfully we like reheated potatoes!
 Daddy was gone on a little trip to St. George because his Grandfather passed away on Christmas.  He was 97 years old and a very talented man.  I am thankful that Brett is able to be there right now and spend time with his Mother's side of the family. Some he hasn't seen in years or ever met.  Since he was gone I took the opportunity to watch a movie with my two oldest. The Hunger Games. They both read the books and Jolie had already seen it. Giselle snuck down and cuddled with us for a few minutes.  It was a lot of fun hanging out with them!

 This year I got the kids involved with cooking dinner as much as possible.  Jolie made a chocolate pie all on her own and Jacob and Jolie helped me make a pumpkin pie. It was a lot of fun.  Jolie is wearing an apron that Grandma Sue made for her for Christmas!
 This years teacher gifts.  It was nice not to have a ton of teachers..since the big girls are in Middle School. Although I did have them take a bag of cookies to their homeroom teacher.
 Jacob LOVES his Daddy! He try's to be like Brett in everything he does.  Brett comes home from work and changes his clothes right away. Usually into basketball shorts and a t-shirt.  Jacob just had to wear Daddy's shirt to bed one night..what we didn't know is he had snuck and grabbed a pair of Brett's shorts and fell asleep. So cute!
We got quite a few new games this year.  life, monopoly, headbands, and of course some digital games as well.  It has been so fun to see them learning the games that Brett and I played as children.

3 comments:

The Fox Family said...

That's totally my memories of Christmas break too! Playing games in our jammies ALL DAY LONg! Life was a favorite! how fun!

kristi said...

I love that Jacob is wearing all of daddy's cloths so cute!

Mindy and Larry said...

Love the picture of Jacob! He looks like a mini-Brett in that sleeping pic!