Friday, February 12, 2010

Jakey's camping!

Going to bed has never been a problem for Jacob. He is a maniac during the day and full of fun energy but nighttime is crash time. SO when he figured out climbing out of the crib is super easy and fun we knew we had a problem. We decided to turn the crib around so the higher end is out and the lower end is against the wall. then we pushed the crib into the corner so now he has 3 sides he can't get out of. That worked for a while until he figured out he can still climb out on the one open side...which by the way his mattress is all the way to the bottom. So then We put together his toddler bed thinking maybe it's time for that...he will be two March 30Th. he of course got in and out bed 500 times in 2 minutes. So then I locked his door, yup I locked it, and I don't feel bad until he figured out he can unlock it....ERRR. so then I put up a gate and he just climbed over that like it was NOTHING!!! So finally we looked online for the crib tent...but it would take forever for it to come in. So Brett came up with our own version of the tent...it cracks me up but you know what....IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kiki said...

LOL!! I love it!
Has he figured out how to get out yet? I hope this contraption will last long for you, but this is your Jakey you are talking about- he's an animal!!
LOL

Senta

Tiffany said...

So funny! What a great idea! I have a feeling I'm going to have a little busy one on my hands soon too. This little guy doesn't seem to relax for a second! I always feel him jumping around to the point of making me feel sick sometimes. I don't remember Elsa doing that as much. I'll have to call you for ideas on dealing with little busy boys. :)