Friday, October 11, 2013

Girls Camp!





This was Jolie's first year going to girls camp!  She was so excited to go but of course a little nervous! I was also going...my first time as a leader.  I went for two days and it was so amazing.  I knew it would be fun and spiritual but I had no idea how much I would LOVE it and how much I would treasure being there with my daughter.  I felt the spirit so strongly from the girls there and the wonderful leaders.  They did such an amazing job and when I left to drive home that second night. I cried almost the whole drive home.  I cried because I didn't want to go yet but knew  I had to, I cried because I had never seen my daughter shine the way she did while there and I cried because next year I knew that with this new baby I wouldn't be able to be there for Genevieve's first year.  I know I was also probably a little hormonal but I feel very honored to be able to be there and share such an amazing experience with Jolie and the other young women from our ward!

No comments: