Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tlustego wtorka ( Happy Fat Tuesday)





I grew up having Paczki's.  I never really knew why, but I loved them so it didn't matter to me.  Now I know that it was tradition to use up the butter and eggs before lent so the polish made Paczki's...a very yummy donut.  This year I had to go to a real bakery and get the real deal. I mean come on we are in Chicago we have to take advantage of that.  So I called two bakery's. One was really close to my house but only had 4 flavors the other was a little farther away but had 20 flavors and I had heard some really good things about it. So I placed my order with the Busy Bee bakery.  I got there with Jacob and Giselle in tow and WOW...it was insanely crowded.  I am so glad I had called ahead to place my order.  We still had to wait a good 15 minutes but that was nothing compared to others and they had only a limited amount left and it wasn't even noon.    Now that I've had the real deal I will NEVER go back to the grocery store one's.  These were so incredible...I couldn't believe how good.   I really wish Brett's brother Erik could have been here to have one. He served his mission in Poland and really can appreciate the yummy goodness. He is the one who wished me a happy fat Tuesday in Polish this morning!!

3 comments:

The Fox Family said...

Oh my goodness those look soooo much better than the ones I ended up with! Erik is sooo jealous. I love that this is like him and yours holiday!!! Ha!

The Hoogland Family said...

You were so sweet to share one with me!

jnkbarton said...

I had my first one this year!! It was so good...I can't wait for next year!!