Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Once there was a Snowman...snowman...small...small..small!

I'm not going to say Oh, I LOVE snow..but I have to say it is fun to play in the snow once in a while. If it's going to be cold and windy there might as well be snow.  We have had snow a little bit but not the snowman making kind....until now!!! It was the perfect snow...you just had to barely grab it and it turned right into a snowball.  So, yes I got on my knees and rolled a ball. I might have been the only one doing it and I might have not minded. It was fun and I knew the kids would like it once it was up.  I made the bottom to layers and Jillian made the head.  The bottom two were pretty close in size and REALLY heavy. I could not lift that middle one by myself. I tried and tried and finally asked my neighbor to help me. With her and two kids we finally got that sucker up there. Giselle was VERY excited to put the carrot in..and Jacob REALLY wanted Celery for his arms. So that is what we did. Jillian picked cherry tomatoes for his eyes and buttons.
 We had a lot of fun playing outside and probably lasted a good 2 hours out there. Jacob not quite as long. I think he got some snow in his gloves and boots and he had enough. Giselle lasted the whole time and was in heaven.  Jillian isn't in these pictures because she was a few houses down making over a 100 snowballs to throw at people.
 They loved this pile of snow in front of our house that the plow made. It's a perfect little hill for laying around or small sledding... so fun!


Sadly, it started to warm up and when we came home from church our snowman had fallen over...and couldn't get up. Giselle was the most upset about it.  She kept bringing me to the window to tell me the snowman fell. We agreed that he was taking a nap..so she is O.K. with that.
Luckily, we are supposed to get a bunch more snow today so maybe we can build a snowman family next!

No comments: