Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurry we need a pumpkin!












Last year we had just moved to Illinois so we weren't really on top of everything but we did get pumpkins. It was a little stand by our house.  This year I really wanted to go to a pumpkin patch and go in the field and pick our pumpkins and get apple cider donuts and the whole tradition of it that we used to do in Virginia.  Well it isn't Virginia and there aren't pumpkin patches all over the place. The one that I really wanted to go was an hour and a half away. BOO. Brett had to work that weekend so that kind of drive was out of the question. So instead we went to a farm that was 20 minutes away but we couldn't go to a field and pick them..they were just piled on the grass.  Which actually was fine since my big girls weren't super into it..the next day Jolie said to me..why didn't we just go to the stand by our house. BOO!  The shining moment...they had Apple Cider Donuts. SCORE!!! I love those babies.  We got one for all of us..BUT I didn't know that the pre bagged ones weren't warm. We got a bag of six and a single one. Jillian got the single one..the only warm one...way better than cold..but still very yummy!  Later that night we started carving.  I am the seed scooper and Brett is the master carver. We make a great team! I will post a picture of the finished pumpkins when I take one..oops!

1 comment:

Mindy and Larry said...

Love the pictures of your family! The professional ones you posted on fb and the ones you just took of them getting pumpkins! Looks like you had a great time!!!