Friday, October 26, 2012

100th post: Activity Days- Break Fast!







We had another fun activity days at my house.  I asked the girls to wear pj's or comfy clothes and bring their scriptures.  We talked about what the word breakfast means- to break your fast from the night.  Than we talked about the different types of fasting we can have.  Mental fast- exercises fast, and spiritual fast to name a few.  We read the above scriptures and than I gave the girls a challenge.  To read your scriptures every day for 28 days.  If they did than we would have an ice cream party at my house when we are done.  I gave them all there own chart and told them I would do the challenge as well.  We than played a pj relay.  The girls divided into 2 teams and had to take turns putting on my old pj's and a pair of my husbands and then run  back for the next girl to go. It was a lot of fun and the girls were such good sports.  We finished it with a yogurt bar and they all took a mini box of cereal with the above scripture on the back. I found this idea here.
I am so thankful to be able to work with these beautiful girls. They are so amazing and sweet and teach me so much!

2 comments:

The Hoogland Family said...

CUTE LISA! We are totally going to steal this for YW!

kristi said...

Great idea, I love it!