Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cocoa Beach...the end of our vacation!

Before I get into our last part of our trip. I thought I would tell just a little bit about how we did Disney World. We knew we wanted to go and we knew that it would be expensive but our kids were getting older and it seemed like we always had a little one so we thought we better do it now before our big girls are in high school. So we talked to LOTS of friends who have been tons.  We learned about a great website called allears.net  They post lots of good information and tips and even deals.  We kept checking and hoping that they would have a fab deal...and they did!!!  A free dining plan if you booked by a certain date and took your actual vacation by a certain date.  We were so happy because it was right when we were hoping to go. Fall.  I know the kids are in school but it is so much cooler...well not as cool as we had hoped but also SO much less crowded. We really couldn't believe how there were no lines. We did fast passes only because we used them to plan out where to go. Most of the lines were between 5 and 10 minute waits. It was so perfect.  So we stayed at the Caribbean beach resort which was incredible. 7 pools a main big pool and tons of fun. A big eating area where we got free refillable mugs that we could refill as much as we wanted.  With the dining plan we were able to eat at lots of fun restaurants at all the parks and we also got a snack each day. So we got the dole floats and smoothies and ice cream. We felt like awesome parents because we could say yes and it didn't kill our wallet.  One funny thing is I really wanted to do Chef Mickey..it's a fun place to eat. It was super booked so I didn't think we would get to go. While me and Grandma and the girls were at Harry Potter world Brett and his dad and Jacob and Giselle stayed at the hotel and swam and had fun relaxing..getting yummy drinks at the pool.  Brett decided to see if he could get reservations for lunch at the hotel and they were booked but said there is an opening at Chef Mickey's...WHAT? So they took it and had a blast. So awesome.  I was really stressing about this vacation but thankfully once we got there it was nothing but FUN times for our family. Memories for a lifetime!!

















We love going to the beach. The waves were fun and the water was so warm.  We decided to get boogie boards and the kids and I tried it for the first time. It was great having our very own private instructors...Brett and Grandpa Fox.  The kids LOVED it. All of them tried it over and over. It was so fun to watch them.

3 comments:

The Fox Family said...

Just read through ALL your posts!! Love it! Looks like you guys had a TON of fun! I am so glad. DId you spend more than one day at each park? I swear you went for like 10 days!?! I can't believe this was your first time boogie boardin?! I love that! Your pictures are so great! Glad you got to go have this awesome experience!

Nola said...

I read all of the posts! We use to go to Disney World all the time, but it has changed so much since my last visit.
My favorite part of your trip was all the memories you made. I love family memories!

kristi said...

Definitely memeories for a lifetime!!!! So fun!!