Sunday, July 15, 2012

Washington D.C. Temple





                                           Ignore my crooked smile, I just had a crown put in and I am still numb!
 
I love going to the Temple. I love the instant feeling of peace, love, comfort and home! I still remember the first time going into the temple when I was 12. I knew that this was a special place and that it was more than important it was who I am.  I didn't grow up with a temple close by. It was always a big trip. So I feel especially blessed to live close by a temple here in Chicago and also to have lived close to a temple in Virginia.  The Washington D.C. temple is very special to me because it is where Brett and I were married.  I also love taking our children there. I want them to feel the spirit and to feel comfortable with the temple. So we piled all the kids in the car and Larry and Mindy and Laura came too and we took a drive up to Maryland since that is where the temple is.  Coming up that windy drive and seeing the Temple up high, gives me goosebumps every time.  The song I love to see the temple is a favorite and I am so glad my children love it.


1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

When I turned 12 we lived in PA and this was our temple. We saved and fundraised for many months. We then rented a huge van so we could all drive the day long trip to the temple. It was my first temple trip. I love the DC temple so much!