Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Romney Rally!

You might be wondering why I have this picture in this post.  Well let me tell you.
Jennifer ( Brett's sister) told me that she heard Mitt Romney would be having a rally over by her house. Now, she should have known better than to have told me that because I of course said...LET'S GO!!!
So we packed up all 8 of our kids and went over there. Not knowing what to expect or prepared for oh say a line over a half mile long.  We got in line and waited and waited and waited.  The kids actually did a really good job of just standing there but it was hot and we were not prepared with snacks or drinks, anything. Luckily a volunteer was super nice and brought us bottled water and even went back and got us more when she realized how many of us there were.   We didn't pre register so we had to wait in a separate line before we could get in the security pat down line. Luckily the registration was quick and easy.  After a good hour and half of waiting in line we finally got to go inside..which was a warehouse.  It wasn't very big and there was quite a few people.  My big girls were super excited to be there and kept yelling GO ROMNEY!!! It was adorable..well at least I thought it was adorable.   The place kept getting more and more crowded and louder and so the kids were getting more and more anxious.  Of course they always do quite a long introduction of special guests and important politicians before Romney comes out.  While waiting for each speaker the kids would dance to the music and talk..sometimes rather loudly. Well quite a few of the older women in attendance...yes WOMEN. Were not to happy about our cute, absolutely adorable children being there.  They kept Shhhh the kids and telling them to be quiet. which by the way NO ONE was being quiet there.  I couldn't hear very well what some of the women were saying which is a good thing because I wouldn't have just smiled.
A staffer of Romney took some cute photo's of all the kids holding stickers of Romney but I haven't been able to find any of those pictures. I did find the above photo from the Rally and I'm pretty sure one of those ladies was one that was not so nice to us.  If I had known what she said I would have been happy to tell her. That I brought my children here so they could know who mommy was talking about. So they could know that they aren't too young to get involved. So they could know this is their country too and that it's important for them to know who is running it.  I want my children to know that I want the best for them and just because I have these adorable kids home during the day does not mean that I have a lesser right to be there than anyone else!!
We ended up only staying for a few minutes of his speech but that's OK. I am still so glad we went and I am so glad my children could experience being a part of history.  I kept telling Jennifer that this is an adventure..and I am so glad she came with me.

2 comments:

csharris said...

Wish I could have gone with you. I would have loved to have gone. People will be people no matter where you go. It is just to bad that people can't just take it easy and enjoy.

Corinne Ritz said...

That is seriously awesome!