Monday, July 9, 2012

The BEST packing tip EVER!

My sister in law Nichole mentioned on facebook that she was going to do the storage bag trick for packing clothes and wanted to know if anyone had success with it.  I had never heard about it so when one of her friends put a link to someone else doing it I clicked it and was intrigued.  I couldn't believe it. I got ALL 5 of my children's clothes in ONE suitcase.  I packed 8 outfits for Jacob and Giselle each. 7 outfits for the big girls. Each bag had a shirt, pants and undies.  I also packed swimsuits and church clothes for all kids. Yes, I also packed church shoes...all in ONE suitcase.  I also loved that while I was on vacation I never had to dig for something.  I was lucky to be staying with my in laws so we had a washer and dryer. So I would just put the outfit back in the bag ready to go. I didn't keep it as neat as I would have liked but packing up was so much easier since I knew I had enough bags for each outfit.  So if you are going on a trip and want to get pack a lot with a little space. Storage bags are the way to go.
 FYI for anyone interested: make sure to squeeze as much air out before zipping up!!!
I used quart sized bags for Giselle and Jacob and Gallon size bags for the big girls. I also took a sharpie and labeled each bag. I now have a pile of bags ready to be used for our next trip!

3 comments:

kiki said...

I am going to do this for my next trip!!

S

kristi said...

We will definitely be doing this!

Corinne Ritz said...

I saw this idea on Pinterest awhile ago. I thought it just looked ridiculous, so I didn't even pin it. And then, two days before I and you both left for our two week vacations you posted this picture on facebook to brag about being done with packing etc. I showed it to my mom who had flown up here to drive down with us. She was all for it and said we had to do this. I am SO glad! It was seriously awesome. I packed my 5 oldest in one suitcase, then the baby and I in another one. I loved that the kids could just go and dig through the suitcase till they found a bad with their name on it. It was awesome.
I also now have a stack of bags ready for our next trip:)