Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First week in Virginia!





The kids and I started the vacation to Virginia with a drive with Grandma Fox.  She flew in and we set off the next morning.  I was super prepared with a bag of dollar store goodies and plenty of snacks. The kids did great and we made it there in 11 hours and 20 minutes.  Not bad since the GPS said it would take 11hours...we made 3 stops..but only did potty and gas at the stops.
We got in and the kids were so excited so it took a little while to go to bed.
The next day was dentist appts. for the kids and I.  We are so blessed that Grandpa Fox is our dentist.  We had the whole crew in for cleanings and they did great.  I was really nervous about Jacob since he had a filling filled last year and it was kinda traumatic..we didn't do it at Grandpa's office.  Luckily one of the hygienists let Jacob ask a million questions and hold every piece of equipment..his favorite is the suction..I mean who doesn't love the suction tube?
I kept forgetting my camera so I am really bummed that I have very few pictures the first week. Don't worry I more than made up for it the next week.
Wednesday we went to Cafe Rio and met a few friends from church.  The kids were so excited every time they turned around another friend was there. Luckily we were able to eat outside because we were a big group and a lot of kids and very loud!
Thursday I had to go back to the dentist for a tooth that has been bugging me for a little bit..turns out it was cracked so I had to be prepped for a crown. I have my mother's teeth...not good!
We also went to Chuck E Cheese. I remembered my camera but only snapped a few pictures.  We also got the cutest shirts from Grandma Fox. They are all red with their initial and name underneath. I thought they were so cute.  Aren't Giselle and Lucy so cute. I have a bunch of cute pictures of the two of them I will post later.  The picture of Nolan cracked me up. Nolan is Jennifer's youngest. Jennifer is Brett's sister.  He is riding a horse that you direct what it does. He took it very serious and if you know Nolan you know he's a serious kid. So the concentration in this picture is just priceless.
Friday night a HUGE storm came in with 70-80 mph winds. It was the freakiest thing. I was on the phone with Brett when I heard the wind coming. It was like a wall of wind. Within probably 15 minutes or so the power was out.  What we didn't realize is that a big part of  a tree had cracked off and fell on the drive way.
So the next morning. Grandma, Grandpa and I went out to see how it all looked. I can't believe I didn't take a picture but it's probably because we had no power and it was boiling hot!  So we moved the big tree in the road...I had quite a few friendly creatures on me after that...eek!
Luckily Brett's parents had a generator and got the fridge and freezer running but that's all it could handle.  With it being so hot we decided to see if we could stay with a friend for the night.
Luckily we have very kind and generous friends.  We stayed with the Kotter's and then went to our old ward the next day!

1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

Fun! We have so much in common with our vacations! I had my mom fly up to drive with me and the kids, we went to Chuck E Cheese and Cafe Rio! Just shows you how Awesome you and I both are! :)