Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A BIG girl luncheon!

Last weekend the girls and I had some friends over for a lunch. I love to host girls night and lunches or dinners but it is always with adults only. Now that I am an activity day leader ( that is a group of girls ages 8-11 yrs. that learn skills and gospel in a safe environment) it has opened my eyes that I need to have them also practice hosting. So each of them invited a friend. They planned the menu: build your own sub sandwiches, strawberries, chips, pink lemonade. lemonade cupcakes with strawberry frosting. They also cleaned the house and helped decorate. It was a lot of fun and after everyone left Jolie told me that she really liked doing that. I did too!

4 comments:

csharris said...

Ok if you needed to learn somethings about hosting then I sure do. It looks like you had a great time. Mom award goes to you!

Corinne Ritz said...

That is awesome! Such a fun idea!

Karrot Soup said...

Cool calling -- that would be fun!

Mindy and Larry said...

Way cute, Lisa!