Tuesday, July 27, 2010

new calling= new blessings!

Brett and I recently had another " Did that just really happen" moment!
While in Michigan Brett got a phone call for him and I to meet with a leader of our church. I was out of town so he called back and asked if they needed us to wait until I got back. They said no come on in. I knew when he was meeting so when I got a phone call on that day a little after the time he was meeting I answered by saying " So what's your new calling?" I got " I'm here with the Stake President..on speaker phone" ...OH, Hello President Hilton! oops!! Then he asked if Brett would be willing to serve as a counselor in the Bishopric? I wasn't TOO surprised by the call. Brett is an amazing leader with a very compassionate heart. I knew that one of the counselors was moving also. What I didn't know was that they were splitting our ward and changing the whole bishopric...so what I thought was maybe a year or a little bit more of a calling was now a whole lot longer. We still of course accepted the calling willingly and excitedly.
Pres. Hilton was very understanding of our family still being young and the demands of this calling. He suggested Brett give the children and I a blessing when we got back. So for family home evening last night Brett gave all of us a very special blessing. The spirit was very strong even with some high energy toddler and cranky baby. Afterwards we took cookies over to some of our neighbors just to say thank you for being such great neighbors...our neighborhood has had quite a bit of a turnaround the past few years and it's been so nice to have neighbors for more than just a few months.
I know that this calling will be challenging at times...especially sacrament meeting. I am also excited to focus on the teachings of our children. What a great opportunity to teach our children about the priesthood and how it helps our family. To my ward: Thank you for your generosity and love to our family...I am truly grateful for all the help!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow! Well, Happy Birthday, Brett, huh? What a lucky ward you have to have him in the Bishopric! Congratulations!

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations, Lisa and Brett! I know a little bit of what you might be feeling, only I didn't have 5 kids in tow! Wow! The Lord is sure going to bless your family! We love you and our prayers are with you during this new transition!