Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Haircuts!

I love when the kids get a haircut. Their hair always looks so healthy and nice, if only for that afternoon. Jillian's hair is very fine so when it starts to get longer it looks scraggly. She has really sweet curls when it's longer but her hair is so uneven and fine I had to get it cut. She LOVED being in the chair and getting her hair done. The smile never left her face. Once we got home, the tears started, as much as she likes the experience she doesn't always like the "after" part. She kept crying saying she didn't like her hair and that she looked like a boy. It took lots of mommy and daddy saying how beautiful and how much we LOVE her hair for her to start smiling again. The next day at school her teacher loved her hair and that made her happy, she only asks about once a day now if we "still" like her hair.
Genevieve has the thickest most wonderful hair. Which is funny because she was shiny bald as a baby, for a long time. A lot like I was, I have a lot of hair but not thick like Genna's is. So the last time we got her hair cut we cut the bangs, but I didn't like how they did it, kinda a side thing like Jillian's but not as cute. It was annoying and hard to keep looking nice, so very quickly I started pinning back. This time I told them across the forhead all the way. I LOVE IT! Her eyes pop so much, she wants to grow her hair really really long, We'll see!

2 comments:

The Fox Family said...

soooo cute! I love the new background too.

Mindy and Larry said...

I feel for Jillian! I understand the fine hair problem since that's what I have and deal with every day!!!! But she and Genna look so cute!