Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fight Club

I was at the gym one day when a trainer approached me and asked me to box with her for a minute. I said "right here"? We were right in the middle of the main floor. She said yup and I said, ok. I don't know these people, why not? So she taught me a basic 1, 2. I really liked it. Than she invited me to try a class. I went and it was the hardest work out I have ever done. I LOVED it! I have been taking the class for a month now and thought it would be nice to show you guys some of the things I do.
This monster is the tire flip. It's not easy and graceful but sure is good for you!


A look like i'm going slow..that's because I do go slow..I have a weak back and so I go a little slower than I would like but I do, do it!

The Towel push! Push a towel and run up and down the floor. I am already red.

It gets really hard after a few times. You can see how crazy red I am.

Meet a trainer: Atilla is one of the two trainers I work with. They are very patient with us. So far I have learned: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. plus a combination! Atilla likes to call them out really fast.
( by the way, world's worst picture of me!)

I belive this is a 5...supposed to be a jab to the ribs!

You can see my concentration. I concentrate so hard and I still will mess up. One of these days I will go through a whole session and not mess up once...I HOPE!


This is at the very end. We have already gone 2 rounds with both trainers. I asked if I could take a few pics...Tricia had to leave but Atilla stayed for a minute. I was pretty tired but I have to say. I LOVE IT! It is so fun and totally different than anything I have tried. Each class is something new and challenging. Thanks for the great work out guys!

5 comments:

CJSquires said...

THAT IS AWESOME LISA!!!! LOVED this entry!!!

csharris said...

Ok when I need to get in a fight I will call you; ) it looks like fun to me too. Learning something while exercising. Fun fun fun

Nonnie said...

That's it, if I'm ever in a bar fight I hope you have my back. HaHa, I just had the image of us in a bar;)!! You Go Girl!! Love You!!

Allison said...

Wow! I am really impressed. That is something I would never think to try. Good for you to find something that you love. It sure makes working out a lot easier!

Corinne Ritz said...

Super cool Lisa! After baby #4 I got my certification and taught at 2 gyms in the area. One of the classes I taught was Boot Camp. I did a lot of stuff like this. It was SO fun! By the way, your bod looks AWESOME!!! When are you having #6? :)