Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's the little moments!

I love those times when you look over and "catch" your child just being sweet. Jacob was having a hard day...for one reason or another. He really wanted some attention and Brett and I both had a lot going on. Jillian noticed and asked if she could read him a story. She got out a truck book and started reading to him. He sat so quietly and she read to him many times.
All of our children have fallen asleep while eating or playing at some point. Giselle hadn't done it yet and I thought maybe this time it wont happen. NOPE, she was eating lunch and just couldn't handle it any longer. She was soo cute trying so hard to keep her eyes open. The girls thought it was SO funny.
Genevieve likes to try new things all the time. She really wanted to take a picture with the camera. So I thought ok, go ahead give it a try. I thought she did a good job. She stood on the coffee table because she said I was too tall for her to be on the ground.
It's these little moments that I need to better about writing down and saving. For I know I wont remember all the details just the feelings of how blessed I am.

1 comment:

Mindy and Larry said...

That's so sweet that Jillian was reading to Jacob! I know that made Jillian feel special to be able to help out and to be the "big sister" helper. I know how hard it is to stop and notice the little moments that are actually constantly going on all around us. Thanks for capturing them and sharing!