Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here she comes...MISS AMERICA!!

I seriously have the funnest friends. I mean really, who doesn't love getting dressed up in silly party attire and go to a Miss America party. I DO!!! It was a blast. My friend invited TONS of people. All 50 states were represented and a former Miss America...yes there really was OVER 50 people there. She was awesome and had a running list of all the states so no one was the same state.
I was lucky to get Michigan. Now we had a choice of either dressing up in evening gown, swimsuit or state representation. Since swimsuit was out, and who has an evening gown, and I wasn't about to wear a tire..I decided for sure Madonna represented Detroit. So I went old school and did the 80's Madonna.
I had so much fun getting this outfit together..probably too much fun. I borrowed my friends crimper...surprisingly only took me about 45 minutes to crimp my whole head. Then found the rest of the stuff at Claire's and hot topic. Metallic tights..who would've thought? :)
Once we got there she made sashes for all of us to wear...our state was written on it. Alex is Miss North Dakota..Brett tried to get her to do a Paul Bunyan theme but she wasn't up for it hahahaWhen you enter the house, you walk the red carpet and she had fun signs with lights..so fun.

My awesome friend Cathy was Miss New Jersey and runner up to best hair. She did that herself and no nothing is holding up..just good ole hairspray and teasing. I was too late for all the voting but she had ballots for Best hair, best dress, miss congeniality, best state rep, best swimsuit.
We brought either an appetizer or a dessert. There was so much yumminess. Miss Vermont brought a bunch of the tiny Ben and Jerry ice creams..oh cool is that. We watched the Miss America contest and you weren't allowed to eat until the state you were representing was eliminated. I was out right away. Each level they took a picture of the top 15 and 10 to the winner. It was a great idea and a great party...Can't wait for next year!!!!!!

1 comment:

csharris said...

Wow that looks like so much fun. I hope Idaho was represented well. I think that would be a great Party idea. I will have to think about it. missing you all.