Sunday, October 17, 2010

Super Saturday...super crazy!

Yesterday was my ward's super Saturday. I was SO excited for this. We haven't had one in quite a while and they had tons of super cute stuff to make. I got up early to make a batch of broccoli and cheese soup..which took way longer than necessary since I do NOT have a food processor...**hint hint Brett**. :) Brett had to go to a funeral for a coworkers spouse so he was gone. I load up all the kiddos into the car and nothing. The car wont start. The battery is dead. EEERRRR! Of course, because Brett isn't home..isn't that always when stuff goes wrong. The van is in the garage so I knew it would be very tricky to get a car in there to jump it. I run over to one of my neighbors leaving all the kids in the car. I ask if he has one of those portable car jump things...another ** gift idea for me** but nope. He says he doesn't even have jumper cables...I DOOO. I say. So he comes over and we realize I need to empty everything out of the garage that is on the other side so we can get a car in...so we empty everything out and then he brings this zippy little car in..which the girls all think is the coolest car ever..it looks like bumblebee from Transformers which makes me laugh because they've never seen Transformers. Anyways after much careful maneuvering of the car and climbing out of the car we finally get it. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I get in the car and now it is after 11am. Yikes. I rush to the church and get started right away. That lovely banner took me forever. I only had time to make the one project, but I'm OK with it. I love it and at least I got to go right. The kids had fun in the nursery and when I picked up the crock pot it was empty...always a good sign it was good. The crazy part that was only ONE part of our Saturday. I will post later about that nights festivities. Side note Genna scored 2 goals in her soccer game that day. Way to go Genna!

1 comment:

Mindy and Larry said...

I LOVE your mantle! Great job, and the banner is adorable. So sorry to hear about the car needing to be jumped! But I understand...I always seem to have the car problems, Larry never does! He jokes with me that there is something about me and cars that causes them to break down, have battery problems, etc... Glad you made it to your Super Saturday, and can't wait to hear more about your weekend!