Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomatoes and Cookies!

Giselle was tasting all the freshly picked tomatoes for me the other day!
She approves all these yummy juicy red tomatoes...even the little ones!!!! That bowl was picked that afternoon...we shared with our neighbors.
"Best cookies ever" Said by neighborhood children!!
These babies are SOO good. I was mucho impressed. I got the recipe from a friend and now I will pass on to you!
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding ( this is the magical ingredient)
4 cups sifted flour
3 cups chocolate chips
Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs and Vanilla.Beat well. Combine Salt, soda, pudding mix and flour. Add to the creamed mixture and fold in chocolate chips.
Bake 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned.

3 comments:

csharris said...

I will have to try the best cookies ever!!

Zanny said...

Hi! I'm Suzanne Simon and I saw your comment on Sarah's status on Facebook about these cookies, and since I try EVERY chocolate chip cookie recipe I can get my hands on, I can't WAIT to try these! I'll let you know how they turn out :)

Jerald M. Simon said...

I made them and they are now our FAVORITES! YAY! I don't even know you, but you are simply fabulous. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe.