Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Let's Jam!!!

Monday morning I loaded all the kiddos up and went to our favorite orchard- Hartland in Markham Virginia! My friend Cathy and her two kiddos came as well. I didn't know it until we got there but they also had red rasberries...BONUS!!! The peaches were freestone...double bonus. Jolie wasn't super excited to pick and Cathy's son Peyton wasn't either...Jacob and Giselle fell asleep on the drive up so we left the two big kids with a movie a DS and two babies..and we picked and picked and picked. It was great. Jacob got a good nap and Giselle woke up for the last 30 minutes. She sampled quite a few rasberries...she wasn't totally sure of it. Cathy and I canned 14 jars of peaches that night..until 12:30 actually. Two of the jars broke.. in each batch. The middle jar both times but from two different boxes of jars. I think it was just too close to the heat with that kind of weight.
The next day we started much earlier and canned and canned and canned some more. We ended up with 64 total jars of peaches and jams. The kids were amazing threw it all. Really we neglected them and yet they were fine. We threw food at them every once in a while and got new games down but seriously that was all. Thanks Cathy for being such a great canning buddy!

4 comments:

kristi said...

Gimme!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senta said...

they are great VT'ing gifts!

That Girl said...

Dang, I wish I could join you.

Mindy and Larry said...

Way to go, Lisa! My dream is to can food like you do, one day! ;)