Sunday, August 22, 2010

Let's grab something to eat!

The question let's grab something to eat is always a sentence that is followed with....drive thru or do we do it? Do we brave the impossible? Take all 5 kids into a restaraunt and SIT DOWN!!!
This past week had been very busy and very little daddy time. Saturday came and he had to go up to our church to help someone for a little while so we all went up and played in the gym while he helped. Then we headed home...we had a TON of cleaning to do. When we left it was lunch time so we thought we should get something to eat...we saw two places right away. Ledo's pizza or Glory Days...we chose Glory Days. We got there pretty soon after it opened so it was crowded at all. We got a big table since we are a big family.

This is how our meal went.

Jakey: trying to climb over the top of the bench onto the table behind us...the entire time.
the girls: we know what we want and are going to play games on the menu.
Giselle: Screams....finally get her out...trys to grab EVERYONE's drink.
Jolie: I have to go to the bathroom.
Jacob: undoing everyones silverware and dumping them on the ground...and climbing over the bench again.
Brett: I'll take Jakey for a walk while we wait for our food.
Lisa: Holding giselle giving her a taste of lemon...not bad she says but really just wants the strawberry lemonade.
Jillian: I have to go to the bathroom.
Lisa: Seriously, Jolie just went..why didn't you go then.
Jillian: I didn't have to go then.
Lisa: Great..ok go.
Our food comes-
Jacob shares with all three girls.
Brett and I start to eat as fast as we can..we know we have limited time.
Giselle: GIVE ME FOOD NOW!!! she starts with blueberries out of my salad and quickly moves to Jillian's fries.
Jacob: Grabs food off of my salad. he has mac and cheese right in front of him but of course wants my food.
Jolie: I have to go to the bathroom again....
Lisa: AHHH.
Brett: finishes food in record time..and takes jakey again for a walk.
Lisa: attempts to eat food but Giselle is just way too fussy.
Brett and Lisa: look at each other and say...let's go.
Lisa: takes jakey and giselle to car and straps them in and waits for the rest.
The rest come back and we go home...
Gee...why don't we do that more often.
I'd tell you the food was good..but I honestly can't remember!!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

Daron and I were just talking about how we never take our kids to sit down restaurants--it really is just so hard! All that sitting and waiting in one place for food, just not possible for kids!

kiki said...

LOL! You sound like me. I never take my kids out. It's just not enjoyable at all..Around the kitchen table in our own home is hard enough!
Why would I want to spend $40-$50 on food that goes on the floor at the restaurant. At least at home you can tell the kids to pick it up and eat. Its not a socially acceptable in a public place-lol

Better luck next time, if you choose to have a next time...

Senta

kristi said...

Good times!!!!!

Mindy and Larry said...

Thanks for making me laugh!!!:) I needed that today! My visit to the DMV this morning was almost as amusing, as James was the main attraction for the entire waiting area!!!! Needless to say, if a lady in my ward didn't come over to help me, I think I would have just walked out and left...goodness knows if I'd have come back, and my driver's license expires in 20 days! It's good to know that other people with young kids understand!

csharris said...

I hate going out but it doesn't stop me at all. I think I forget how horrible it really can be. We just went to Ihop and well they ate there food talked to everyone had to go pee at least three times and the poor waitress had to clean up the mess. That was Anna and Toby. Becca is a whole different story she jumps, talks,screams, hides and I know there is more but I am blocking it so I can go again. : )

kaysi van dyke fox said...

lisa, you are so sweet!! i love your comments!!! :) alan and terry were over when my mom called me and told me the news! so sad & scary too! you would think that a church would be a safe place to be! we need to lock doors or something! such a sad thing! i just feel so bad for their family, it makes me sick!! :( anyways thank you for thinking of them in your prayers, i know they are needing all of the help they can!

Alex said...

Oh that is so funny, but I'm sure it's frustrating...take us with you next time!