Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Who wants to join my team?

This week I decided to get up every morning with Jakey and go outside. He has been waking up at 6am or slightly earlier for a while now. I was in a comatose state for a while and would just moan and waste the morning away. NO MORE! I planned on running.
Monday: Jakey doesn't wake up until 7:15....WHAT, figures...can't go, Brett is already gone.
Tuesday: 5:55..ding ding..let's go. He was SO excited when I said wanna go for a walk. Strapped him into the jogger and off we went..I went to the back of my neighborhood because there are train tracks visible and he loves it. Lucky for us a train came within minutes and we tried to run next to it..but of course it was too fast and we only stayed with it for a minute. It was so nice to be out in the morning and not melt from the heat. Time went a lot faster than I thought and got back to the house only a few minutes before 7.
Wednesday: 6am on the dot. I bust out the rollerblades my mother in law got me last year..which are way nicer than the old ones when I was a kid...very cool how stuff keeps getting better.
Took me a minute to get my footing right but thankfully I didn't fall! I totally forgot how tiring rollerblading is. WOW, my legs got tired fast.
I was going down a small hill at one point and tried to slow down...phew that's when I almost wiped out. Luckily I had the stroller to hold on to because I know I would've otherwise.

My question is....have you ever been to a roller derby? Who wants to tryout for one with me...BUT what name should I use????

4 comments:

The Fox Family said...

hahah! I am trying to picture you roller-blading?!?! I didn't know adults did that! I am pretty sure I cant anymore! But...i am jealous of your energy...you are super mommy!!!!

Funny Mommy said...

u r truly a super de duper mom! what a great way to spend time with your only boy! and whatever name you decide on for the derby make sure the words HOT and BABE are in it!!!

I run for Kandie said...

The Leaning Tower of Lisa! (gonna smash you to Pizas!)

The aMAYSing Family said...

There is a girl at my work he does/did it in this area - seriously! LOL! Let me know if you are for real and I can get you the info :) haha