Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Super quick trip to Kirtland in a thunderstorm!

Brett and I went to Michigan for my nephew Bradyn's baptism. It was a little scary trying to prepare to take 5 little kids on a 9 hour drive. Not to mention leaving at about 4:30 at night. Luckily we have the best kids in the whole wide world...hahaha I'm not biased or anything. They did wonderful on the way up..and luckily Brett didn't fall asleep at the wheel. Our camera for some reason keeps saying an error message so we didn't get ANY pictures of Bradyn...Boo Hiss!!
We did enjoy a Sonic drink though...just in case you were wondering we had strawberry limeade and Cherry Limeade!!! We left about 9am Monday morning and decided..hey let's make life interesting and take these 5 wonderful children to Kirtland, OH. It was suprisingly not far out the way at all. We got out and the camera still wasn't working...SO BUMMED!! We go into the beautiful new visitor center. I haven't been since I was a teenager and man has it changed. Brett had never been before.
Jacob was INSANE...bouncing off the walls like a maniac. I chased after him and yes I did some running..and had Brett watch the video with the other 4 kiddos. Then we had the sweetest sister missionaries ever. We had our own private tour...what no one wanted to come with us and our 5 little kids??? :) It was great, no one was annoyed by our kids asking 5 thousand questions. I loved hearing about everything all over again...although it feels a lot like the first time, since I appreciate it all SO much more.

We are standing in front of the Whitney store we used Brett's phone to take a couple of pics. You can't tell, but it actually was starting to downpour at this point. We went through the store and got out to go to the Whitney home and the thunder started booming. The girls jumped and screamed every time...but a silver lining. Jacob was scared so he didn't run. Brett held him from then on. AHHH, peace!!

We would have loved to have seen more but the storm was rocking and rolling...just like the Rock and Roll hall of fame only minutes away! Plus we had already spent two hours and needed to get back on the road. So we drove by the Kirtland temple and the cemetary and can't wait to go back again....in a few years!
* by the way..Jacob was a total angel the whole drive home...the best one actually!!***

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so jealous! One of these days, I want to take our family to see these church historical sites. We are actually sending Gage to Palmyra next week for EFY...I'm jealous of him, too!! You guys have such a cute family!! I love your family of 7!!

kristi said...

That looked like a great time. We are definitely going to take a day trip there sometime this summer!

Senta said...

Smart thinking to go there on the way home. It's on your way after all.

Mindy and Larry said...

You brought me back to the days when my family used to travel w/ 5 kids, and I was the oldest one like Jolie of the group! How awesome that you could see your nephew's baptism and see Kirtland! I'm sure Genna can't wait for her turn!