Sunday, January 25, 2009

Diaper Derby!


My friend Julie told me about this Diaper Derby a radio station holds every year. Luckily Jacob is a super crawler so I thought hey he could do this. we practiced and were pumped.
It started with a good nap around the mall. Never race exhausted. Then the announcing of the racers.


Brett was on one end and I was on the catching end.










They yell GO, Jacob does not go. He instead seems a little overwhelmed by all the pressure and the major loud screams.





But wait what is this....






Mommy is over there, saying come to her.....




Daddy is telling me go go go...







I am almost there but wait










oh yeah that's my mom





These are of course out of order, he starts to venture out.











mommy really wants me to come to her and she has that phone i can never have.













Two of our friends were in a race after us, Naomi in the pink and Brett's old co worker from EDS his daughter in the green.












This could be the start of something beautiful!











Yay! made it to mommy! He didn't win but had a lot of fun anyway!


















Look at that face!















It looked like she had a good start ( Naomi) but decided to see what her friend there was doing?



Thanks Julie we had a blast!




7 comments:

Alex said...

That is so great! What a fun thing to tell Jacob when he gets older.

Jules said...

That was pretty funny. I'm already planning my next baby so he/she will be the right age in two years. Maybe they won't care about the other babies. We're so lucky we got to see you two days in a row!

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations, Jacob, on a great race! Glad to see the pics on your fun fun time!

That Girl said...

That looks hilarious! What a great idea! (I personally hope that Jordan is a very late crawler.)

csharris said...

It looks like yu all had tons of fun!

MissManda-Mae said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! O how i miss you and your family!! I loved your christmas pic! it's posted on my fride until next year!!! I love the new years pix and the diaper race... i bet it was a total blast and so fun to watch!!! go jake go!!

The Fox Family said...

hahah! You guys crack me up. That is so fun! I miss baby Jacob...he is so so cute!