Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pretty Muddy Run!











Running is hard on your body.  Yet I love it..but sadly my knees don't like it.  I really didn't start to like running until after I turned 30 which is really sad because my knees were probably pretty darn good 10 years before that but oh well.  I took a long break from running to let my knees heal and get better. I did tons and tons of stretches and exercises to strengthen it. So when a few friends from church asked if I wanted to run in a mud run I thought YES. Sounds fun.  I love running these especially with a ton of girlfriends.  My friend Leah and I made t-shirts that said muddy Mormons. We thought for sure someone would say something or ask us questions but sadly no one did!  I finished the race and felt pretty good but as time went on the back on my left knee started hurting and hurting and by the time we left to head home it was a struggle to walk.
Errrr!!!  I still loved running the race. This one wasn't as intense as warrior dash but still lots of fun.  The best part was Brett and the kiddos and my parents were all there when I crossed the finish line.  It was so cute to see them cheering me on. It was a fun surprise to see my dad carrying Giselle along the race towards the end.  She saw me and wanted me to hold her but when she saw how muddy I was she was happy to stay with grandpa!
I really hope my knee can get over this because you are really cramping my style!!!

No comments: