Friday, April 23, 2010

Domestic Diva's!!!

Sometimes all you need is some good food and some good friends!
I thought this picture was too funny. We had the camera on a timer and it was hard to get it just right...and somehow we got just our legs...but hey not bad huh!
These aprons are SO adorable. I LOVE LOVE them. Jamie...the red head on the left, her mother in law made them for all of us...in fact one friend wasn't there. She went to Boston for the weekend...not fair!! Anyways, I just think a cute apron makes cooking food that much more fun. I had this super yummy avocado dip the other night and LOVED it. I had to make it...so a play date with food is always a good time. Thanks ladies for taste testing for me. Here's the recipe...which by the way another friend gave to me....THANK YOU DANA!!!!!!
Avocado Dip
2 Haas Avocados, diced
1 medium tomato, finely diced
1/2 small onion finely diced
1/2 cup coarsley chopped cilantro
3 T. Fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 t. kosher salt

In a medium bowl toss the tomato with the onion,cilantro, lime juice, red pepper flakes, and salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add the Avocado and gently mash with a fork....serve immediately.
Next time I will double it..because it was gone way too fast!

1 comment:

The Fox Family said...

CUTE! Love the aprons! that was super nice of Jamie's Mom! They are adorable!