Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My little baker!


This little man is so much fun. If I turn on my mixer, he will RUN from anywhere in the house to it. He LOVES to help me cook, well mostly to help me bake. why do I love him helping?
1. He loves it and is SO happy.
2. I get to spend time with him and not just chasing him.
3. I know Giselle is safe since he is with me the whole time.
4. I feel like I am preparing him to help his wife out, that's right the excuse of "I don't know how to cook" wont work with his future wife, I have proof!
5. It's always an adventure...right after this picutre he accidently dropped a measuring cup in the bowl while it was on and flour and dough went EVERYWHERE....fun fun fun!!!!
6.Because I LOVE MY BIG BOY!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

The Fox Family said...

ahh! He is SO cute. I think his favorite room in the house is the kitchen..no excuses when he is older!

MissManda-Mae said...

I love it! what a big helper! I need to be better about letting my boys help out.. and take advantage of it now, because i know later it's going to sound more like, "aw, mom! do i gotta?"

Brett said...

What? Is the, I can't cook comment referring to anyone in particular?

That Girl said...

I have three boys who loooooooooooove to help cook.

Sometimes that's a bad thing.

Sometimes I secretly cook while they're all down for naps.

It's so much faster.

(And Brett - love the comment!)

Mindy and Larry said...

What an adorable post, Lisa! Jacob is very cute, and yes, what a treat to have him want to be with you to help cook! James often loves to help out in the kitchen, too! Most of the time, the messes he creates are the best part of it...it cracks me up:) And just like I was to my mom, he loves to "eat" whatever dough I've made in almost any phase!