Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A quick update!

We are still in Michigan but I haven't posted anything and of course tons of stuff have happened. Brett and I took an amazing anniversary trip...i will post about that once i get back home. Genevieve's bday is next week so my friend had bday napkins at her house...Genna can't wait to turn 7....only one more year until she's baptized!!!!!!!!
The day before we left for Michigan I took Jolie to the eye Dr...turns out she has VERY bad eyes...so bad they made her glasses right there because they couldn't bare the thought of her going out of town and not seeing. When we get back she will pick up her other pair, which has bifocals in it...they say she will grow out of that...because her eyes are so bad it makes it hard for her to read with her glasses. It is so fun to see her seeing the world all over again...makes me think when i got glasses for the first time...except hers are soooo much cuter!!!

My family decided to go camping for ONE night up next to Holland MI....we packed a ton of gear and headed out to Jellystone park. The place was really nice and even had two pools. While at the pool Jillian had to go to the bathroom....she was walking in and tripped on the entrance...WAK...blood. The more i looked at it. the more i realized she needed to go to the ER...At the ER she sat in my lap so sweetly...once the dr. saw her he said yup she needs stitches...they put this numbing gel on it and within a half hour she was ready to be stitched. They put a warm blanket on her and let me lay down on the bed and hold her...she was SO brave...she didn't cry at all. She was nervous and wanted to put her hand up there but she let me hold her. Now she proudly shows any and all her stitches. Her aunt Crystal who is a pediatric nurse is taking her stitches out today. So now it'll just be a cool scar.


Big Jake is a growing boy! He loves trucks, cars, balls and dirt! He is such a happy climbing boy. He needs a haircut but i'm waiting until we get home so daddy can be there..plus I am hoping *hint hint* aunt Jennifer will do the honors.....isn't he so blonde.
Well here's a little update and once we get back we leave for great wolf lodge with all of brett's family even his grandma so hopefully i'll have more pics!



10 comments:

Alex said...

OMG!!! You have only been gone for like a few weeks and I swear your kids all look so much older! I feel like you guys moved away (minus Brett) and that you're never coming back. :( Can't wait to see the "bump" when you get back! When is the ultrasound again?

That Girl said...

Too, too cute. (Isaac split his chin, oh, thirteen times or so. I'm a pro, though a reluctant one at that.)

Julie said...

Jillian, you are so brave! What is a family vacation without a trip to the dr?

MissManda-Mae said...

so glad you posted... hope your last little while in michigan is fun but a little less "eventful"... poor jillian... I felt the blood leave my head when i was reading your story... hope she feels well soon... Happy Early Birthday Gena! and I can NOT believe how big Jake is getting... WOWY! How are you feeling??? when do you find out what you are having???

MissManda-Mae said...

p.s. Jolie looks so cute in glasses...

kiki said...

It's been fun to see you and the kids! Yo have GREAT kids!

Senta

Mindy and Larry said...

Love the glasses on Jolie! And that little Jillian is going to be holding the record for the most visits to the dr. of any little pumpkin I've ever known!!! Glad it was just stitches she needed. Jake is so cute, and can't wait to celebrate Genna's birthday! Love you guys!

The Fox Family said...

yay i am so glad you finally posted!!!

i have lots of comments..

1. why do you have rehab as a song on your blog!?!? haha. you make me crack up.

2. Jolie looks so so cute in her glasses.

3. I cant really picture you camping..haha good for you, was it fun?

4. HELLO!?! Brett tells us NOTHING!! We saw him this weekend and he said nothing about glasses or stitches...wow. You have had your fair share of emergency room visits this month. holy cow. And I love how as soon as I saw the picture with stitches I knew it had to be Jillian. haha. Who else? poor girl.

See you this weekend at great wolf lodge. Glad to see you had a good trip. Call me soon so we can make some plans for this weekend. love and miss you!!! (and that adorable jakey boy blue!)

Mary said...

HI long lost family! I was just thinking about you guys and hope you're doing well. I'm reading these comments...another little one??? how fun! I wish we still lived there to get the kids together. Does the ER staff know you're name yet?

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your bday genna...love eating your p-ussy it's the best baby