Friday, June 19, 2009

strawberries everywhere!

Jolie and Genevieve picking strawberries on the beautiful countryside! They called themselves mighty farmers, I call them beautiful!
In the strawberry patch!
A picture of the whole crew....Jacob really shouldn't have been holding a tub of strawberries................
He ate them and ate them until...........
He looked like this.....................
and still wanted MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my first solo canning. i was so happy. I made 9 jars of strawberry Jam and a little bit leftover into a tupperware into the fridge. This morning the girls had toast with there jam and LOVED it. Seriously was so not hard and really makes you feel like hey I can do this....now I just need to learn how to make bread!!!!!!!!!






3 comments:

Tammy said...

Strawberries are my Joelie's favorite thing in the world...She wishes her mother was as domestic as you...Bottling is a skill I have yet to learn..but it's never too late, right?

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations on canning!!! The girls looked like they had a blast! James can't wait to see them soon! And love the pictures of Jake! He's sure getting older! We are so happy for you and Brett! Congratulations! ;)

The Fox Family said...

Aww!!! What cute kids. Jakey looks so grown up! Good for you for making Jam..it looks great! You will have to help me. I just got a pressure canner....is yours a water bath one? I need one of those too. We will have canning parties with Mindy and Jenn too! :)